Friday, July 8, 2011

Another Sewing Room Project Completed: Hanging Space

I hate not being able to find or get at my sewing stuff.  This project turned out to be a great way to get more hanging space for over-sized and often-used things.  My ancient armoire has some nice overhangs at the top and mid section as you can see here.

I decided to cut pegboard to fit in that space.  My lovely husband cut the pegboard to fit  and put small slats of wood on each side to give space behind for the hooks to fit in.  There are four screws--one in each corner--holding the pegboard to the armoire.  You could still do this on the sides of a furniture piece without the overhangs, though. In fact, doing one the whole length of an armoire would be great!  This is the back of one prior to painting.

I painted them brown to sort of blend in.
Here they are all loaded with things that I can easily see.  First one side--
And the other!
You'll note that one lonely pair of scissors on this side.  That's  'cuz this side is closest to the door.  While my children SWEAR they never use my sewing room scissors for paper and other non-cloth things, I suddenly end up with dull scissors.  My hope is that they will grab these already ruined scissors instead of ruining another pair.  We shall see.

4 comments:

  1. Great job! Thank you for linking up to Sew Woodsy last week. We hope you will join us again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT idea! We can never have too much "project" space 'eh? (I'm a new follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You come up with such good ideas - I love this one cos it all looks so tidy yet within arms reach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx for sharing such useful post keep it up Diana

    ReplyDelete